Connection type settings for TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router devices are used so that you can make the PPPoE or DSL modem connections for these devices. These connection type settings are possible from tplink router setup page. If you can’t make these kinds of configurations from your computer device then you can contact tplink team for help.
Steps to Change Connection Type Settings for TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router
- Remove power supply for your TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router, computer device and modem device that you are using.
- Using Ethernet cable connects your TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router with a computer system and then connect your router device to modem device that you have.
- Once all connections are done, you can connect power adapter to these devices. Power supply must be accurate for all these devices and then you can access tplink wifi router login page using a web browser.
- Fill login address and type TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router login user name and password.
- From the setup page select the “WAN Connection Type” for your device.
- After that fill PPPoE connection settings for your devices. Fill the user name, password and then once again fill the password.
- You can either enable or disable the secondary connection type for TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router device.
- After that make the WAN settings for these router devices. For WAN connection you can select “Connect on Demand” option or “Connect Automatically”.
- If you select manual settings for TP-Link TL-WR820N WiFi Router devices then you can fill the maximum ideal time for your connection type.
- Click on “Save” button and you can close the tplink wifi router settings page.
All these settings are also possible from tplink tether application. You can get the tplink tether application for your devices like Android and iOS devices.